Tuesday, July 21, 2009

NC's Shadow


Hi guys. This was a little spur of the moment study I did while sketching out my submission to the Autumn Society's 8-Bit and Beyond show. The theme is, of course, video games and I immediately jumped at the chance to do something from my favorite game of all time, Shadow of the Colossus. It's a beautiful, mysterious, and atmospheric adventure and this seemed like a pretty obvious parody. If another artist has done the same thing, I'd love to know- I had a sinking feeling I wasn't the first to put these two things together. Otherwise hope you like it, and enjoy some purple shadows. Thanks!

2 comments:

McLean Kendree said...

Ha!!! Complete merging of video game pop culture and American Illustration history - nice one!

Tim Durning said...

why thank you kindly, sir. love it when people get the reference!