Saturday, December 18, 2010

Boca Raton Library Poster


I just wrapped up a promotional package for the Boca Raton Public Library. The Friends of the Library are putting on their first of what is to become an annual Book Fair and they asked me to illustrate and design a poster that would be used as mailers, fliers and advertisements.
Some initial sketches
The only directions they gave me were to involve "books and Florida," the latter to include things like beaches, palm trees, etc. While my initial idea was more of a pulling behind or lifting up a library card to reveal the swirls/magic scene, the Friends asked that it be changed to an opening book. As with any print project, I'm looking forward to seeing all of the materials in print. If you live in the Boca Raton area, you can visit the book fair February 5th and 6th at the Spanish River library branch.
Early color comp with initial copy

No comments: