Saturday, April 4, 2009

From the Archives

Machu Picchu, 11.4x16" Pencil and Digital

Hello all. While waiting to post some recent CCG work I did, I wanted to bring out an old piece I did as a gift. Last year I was thrilled to accompany my girlfriend, her sister, and brother-in-law to a tour of Peru, our focus being the great ancient city of Machu Picchu. Every day was a breath taking display of mountains, jungles, deserts, and a collection of ancient treasures surrounded by myth.

I felt that I could never thank my girlfriend's family enough, but I wanted to try to show my gratitude in some way. In my attempts I tried to make something of a memorial of our time there. The above is the result of that; llamas played a big part in our trip, and of course the Machu Picchu was the Holy Grail of the whole thing. Below, an actual picture of the city taken by my girlfriend.

No comments: